Warranty policy: 1.12.2016
Products supplied within the Commonwealth of Australia and its territories under the following conditions,applicable from date of purchase,subject to exclusions as shown below.
Warranty is for a period of 12 months or 20,000 kilometres from the date of sale, whichever occurs first.
Bretts Truck Parts warrants each part supplied and delivered to be free, under normal use and maintenance, from defects in material and workmanship according to the warranty conditions during the warranty period.
The terms of this warranty supersede and exclude all warranties, rights and remedies implied by law to the extent that such warranties, rights and remedies may lawfully be excluded.
Bretts Truck Parts' obligations under this warranty and the Trade Practices Act 1974 are limited to the extent that is lawfully repairing or replacing at Bretts Truck Parts' option the part or any part thereof subject to:
( i ) The part being returned to the place of business.
( ii ) Bretts Truck Parts being satisfied that the part is defective as a result of workmanship or material..
( iii ) Packaging must be free of damage and be be in saleable condition.
Bretts Truck Parts shall not be liable for damages for loss of profit or use in any circumstances whatsoever.
To assist the customer as much as possible, if you wish to keep your car/truck/van running while a warranty claim is acessed, you will need to buy a second item and have that sent to you, if the item you returned is deemed to be warranty, a refund will be issued straight away,
if however, the item is deemed not to be warranty, you will end up with 2 of the same item plus incur all freight costs, if you want the original warranty claim item returned to you,
if not the item will be disposed of in 30 days after claim rejection.
And this does happen especially in the hydraulics/air valve area where the fluid is contaminated and has casued the cylinder(s) to fail, or were other contaminates from the air lines has caused the air valve to fail, and this is only going to get worse , as the truck ages and more contaminates are deposited in the air/hyd system.
Bretts Truck Parts' obligation under this warranty is limited to the credit of the purchase price, or replacement of the original part.
Cost for the removal and replacement of the part is not included.
Other fees and charges not covered by warranty include, but not limited to the following: Labour, retrieval fees, travel time, mileage, call out fee, incidental expenses, hire of plant, vehicles, machinery, lost time, lost profit, and other miscellaneous expenses.
Bretts Truck Parts require parts for inspection and evaluation by our engineering department, before any warranty undertaken is given.
Parts may be independently inspected and a report produced at our discretion.
Any subsequent report is subject to privacy laws, and will not be forwarded or contents made available to customers.
Bretts Truck Parts staff can not verbally promise to honour any warranty.
Request for warranty should be on your company form designated for this purpose. Relevant copies of invoices and other supporting documentation must be included, along with copy of our invoice where part was originally sold.
Complete the claim form (download at bottom of page) and return to Bretts Truck Parts.
Once claim is submitted, further items related to same claim can not be added.
HOURLY RATE – Warranty claims are based on VACC Booktime allocated hours for Clutch Removal & Refit for the specific vehicle.
Customers are required to provide the labour claim relating to the warranty repair. Only at the time of claim.
We also advise them to also have the original purchase invoice.
Payments for approved warranties will be by the same method as originally paid for e.g paid by cheque then a cheque will be drawn from us to you. The value of parts reimbursed will be the same as that paid by the customer at the time of the original purchase (i.e. net price).
Alternators & Starter Motors:
Alternators and Starter motors are subject to a warranty period of SIX (6) months for units fitted to commercial vehicles.Units subjected to water damage will be rejected immediately.
Acceptance or Rejection of an Order
We reserve the right to accept or reject your order for any reason, including (without limitation) if the requested Product is not available, if there is an error in the price or the product description posted on the Site or in your order.
- Each order placed for Products through the Site that we accept results in a separate binding agreement between you and us for the supply of those Products. For each order accepted by us, we will supply the Products in that order to you in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- If we reject an order placed through the Site, then we will endeavour to notify you of that rejection at the time you place the order or within a reasonable time after you submit your order.
Cancelling an Order
- We may cancel any part of an order (including any orders that we have accepted) without any liability to you for that cancellation at any time if;
- the requested Products in that order are not available; or
- there is an error in the price or the product description posted on the Site in relation to the relevant Product in that order; or
- that order has been placed in breach of these terms and conditions.
- If we do so, then we will endeavour to provide you with reasonable notice of that cancellation, and will not charge you for the cancelled order if we cancel it before the delivery date or if you are not at fault or in breach of these terms and conditions.
- The information contained in this Site is provided in good faith on an "as is" basis. Brett's Truck Parts does not represent or warrant to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information contained on this Site. You agree that Brett's Truck Parts is not responsible or liable for any Liabilities (direct, indirect or consequential losses and damages) arising in any way (including without limitation negligence) for errors in, or omissions from, the information in this Site.
- Illustrations and photos contained in this Site are sample representation of the Products advertised, and variations may occur from time to time and from store to store
WE are not obliged to provide a refund, credit or exchange if a consumer has:
- changed their mind, decided they no longer want the goods or just don’t like them, or found that goods are the wrong size or colour !!
- found they can buy the same or similar goods elsewhere for a cheaper price
- examined goods before buying them and should have seen any fault at that time
- had a defect drawn to their attention before they purchased goods, for example, when goods are clearly labelled as seconds or faulty.
- all electicral items , items that have been fitted , tampered with, opened ,and/or in a un-resalebale condition.
- If a part doesn't fit , doesn't look right , is differnet from you'r old part , don't try to "make it fit" or "modify" (this viods all warranties straight away) and risk damaging the part or your car (or yourself). We won't accept responsibility for any costs (and you don't need the aggravation of doing a job twice!) So please inspect the part before you start the repair. !!
FOR MORE INFO REFER TO FAIR TRADING NSW PH 133220 OR
Consumer rights - myths and facts
If you want to avoid problems with consumer issues it helps to get your facts right.
'I don't like it. But I can always return it and get my money back.'
NO You are not automatically entitled to a refund if you simply change your mind or you later discover that you picked the wrong colour or item doesn't fit.
DOWNLOAD OUR WARRANTY CLAIM FORM
FOR EXTRA INFO REGARDING A SPECFIC BRAND SEE BELOW
> AUSGRIP TOOLS
> Ci CLUTCH INDUSTRIES CLUTCH KITS
> DONALDSON FILTERS
> LED AUTOLAMPS